cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating SOLMAN4

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to apply support packages to SolMan4 system. My current level is sp12 and I want to upgrade to SP16.I see lots of notes to be implemented before applying SP15 for ST component. Its kind of silly question but I am still asking - do i need to read each and every note and apply it with SNOTES before applying SP15. What would be the best way.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to abide to the conditions before we can apply the support packs as depicted in the snote to apply the same for better functioning of our sap system.

Rgds

Radhakrishna D S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, another question - as my current SP level is 12 and my target is 16. I see every SP level has notes associated with it, some of those corrections are provided on next SP level but some of them are not. So do I have to manually apply those notes? and if I do that this means that I cannot update support packages together in the queue. Am I correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No not needed, instead of applying all those notes you are applying the support packages.

Support packages contains all the know bug fixes for that particular component, its like all notes clubed together in a support package. Just apply the stack and follow the SPS16 guide and also Note 662441.

What do you mean next SP level? SPS16?

Correct me if I am wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks KVR, I am following Note 662441. May be you can clear me more - This note says that before applying SP15 I need to upgrade ST-SER release to ST-SER 700_2008_1. So this means first I apply upto SP14 - then upgrade ST-SER. It also says before applying SP14 download CPRXRPM400 CRT.

Now since my current SP level is 12 then it says to apply Note 1084173 after SP13 ( i checked this note and its not corrected on next SP level (SP14). So this means I have to apply SP13 first and then apply note and then go again for SP14.. till SP16.

Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Download the stack, do the load packages from application server from SPAM,

Update SPAM/SAINT if latest patch is available. Next Upgrade ST-SER 700_2008_1(as per note 662441.

Next apply Basis, when you apply Basis support packages from the main screen under directory select New support packages click on display select the Basis support package and click on Icon Queue(Queue calculate), it will take the ST 400 packages as CRT's for Basis automatically, after you have defined the queue import them. Calculate the queue for all components simillarly.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

KVR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Answers (0)