cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development Effort

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have all reports developed in Crystal Reports 10. I am trying to give a time estimate of converting them from 10 to the latest version of Crystal 2008. I am no expert in Crystal Reports or its technologies. So, my question is

1. Is it easy to convert an existing report from 10 to the latest Crystal Report 2008? (Is it as easy as opening a report and saving it in 2008 and then it will work fine?)

2. Is it a complete rewrite of the crystal report 10 to Crystal report 2008 because Crystal report 2008 architecture is different?

3. An average what is the development effort to change an existing Crystal Report 10 to Crystal Report 2008.

Any help, or links where I can further investigate is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Is it easy to convert an existing report from 10 to the latest Crystal Report 2008? (Is it as easy as opening a report and saving it in 2008 and then it will work fine?)

-Yes after opening a report and saving it in 2008 and then it will work fine.

2. Is it a complete rewrite of the crystal report 10 to Crystal report 2008 because Crystal report 2008 architecture is different?

-CR 2008 supports backwards and forwards compatibility so we can upgrade from CR 10 to CR2008

3. An average what is the development effort to change an existing Crystal Report 10 to Crystal Report 2008.

-If you are using Reportdocument and viewer object model then they are same and if you are using RDC then it is not available with CR2008.

Hope this helps !!

Regards,

Shweta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just one point:

We have to first open the reports in CR2008 and update the fields (from Set datasource location) and preview the report to make sure that we are getting the updated data properly in the report, if it works fine from designer we can proceed ahead with the application, as until and unless the report comes up clean from designer we will have no option for the application. Updating the fields are required as we are jumping from a very old to new product.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

AG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

one more point

If you are using .NET application then make sure that your application is pointing to correct references of Crystal Reports.

Regards

Amit.