cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XL Reporter - authorization problem on report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm having a problem with being able to run XL Reporter reports in SAP. I have created a report in XL Reporter that I stored in the Purchasing A/P folder in XL Reporter. It shows up in my SAP main menu, but when I try to run it from there, it gives me an SAP authorization error "You are not permitted to perform this action" and then it lists the report name. Normally I would go and check the Authorizations area and give access that way, but I'm a super-user and have a Professional license, therefore there shouldn't be an authorization problem. I'm able to authorize myself when the error comes up, but I'd have to do this everytime (and if someone else wanted to run it, I'd have to do it for them as well). The other funny thing is that I have other XL Reports in the SAP main menu (under Financials/Accounting) and those don't have the same problem. Other super-users in our system are unable to run this report as well.

I'm able to run the report when I go into XL Reporter through the Tools menu. Just not from the SAP Main Menu.

All I really want to know is how to get this error to stop popping up. I really shouldn't have to put my username and password in everytime I run this report. Please let me know if there's a way to fix this. I'm using SBO 2005A SP1 PL31.

Thanks,

Brent McDonell

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brent,

You are not alone. We had this problem for over an year.

The problem is the authorization list will be cleared by XL Reporter due-to the phantom process running in the back end.

SAP support could not reproduce this problem since it need reproduce the live environment.

To reduce the problem, you can set an alert whenever OUPT table records had been deleted.

You have to update the B1 menu whenever the list get cleared.

If you have any other questions, keep posting.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the quick response.

I just tried re-updating the Main Menu in XL Reporter and then restarting the add-on. The report still won't work. Is there something else I'm supposed to do?

Brent

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to check any dead processes on your PC or on your Server still running. Manually stop them all.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Gordon, that fixed it. I just logged off of my machine and back in and the report works. Now I know what to do if this happens again.

Have a good day,

Brent