cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving using Process Chain, writes to archive but doesn't delete data

padmaja_khanna2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have created an Archiving Process for a cube, and set it up to automatically start the "delete". I then created a process chain to execute the Archiving Process.

When I execute the process chain, here's what I notice in the joblogs:

1) Archiving job runs, writing the selected data to archive file

2) A separate deletion job is started, but the deletion job runs in "test" mode (which seems kind of like simulation mode) and identifies the records it would delete but it never actually deletes the data from the cube.

3) In SARA (Archive Administration), this run shows up as an "Incomplete Archiving Session", showing that archiving step was complete but deletion hasn't occured.

I am able to delete the data by running the "Delete" manually in SARA and then the "Archiving Session" goes to "completed" status. When I run it manually from SARA, the job log shows that it is running in "production mode" and not "test mode".

My question is... Is there a way to start the deletion in "production mode" and not "test mode" when I run the process chain?

Or is this a bug, that I should report to OSS?

Thanks much.

Padmaja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChandranGanesan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can set the Production Mode in Customizing

Have you tried with this function module ARCHIVE_OPEN_FOR_DELETE

Also see [Developing Delete Programs|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2a/fa0495493111d182b70000e829fbfe/content.htm]

Note 1119944 - Archiving request:Production mode instead of simulation mode

Thanks

Chandran

padmaja_khanna2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chandran,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to this thread. I am not sure I understand what you meant by "you can set the production mode in customizing". How do I do that?

I have looked at the link and SAP note you suggested. However, they don't seem to address the specific issue I am encountering. My intent is not to write my own custom delete program, but just to run the standard SAP archiving and delete process via a process chain.

Thanks,

Padmaja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

padmaja_khanna2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I just discovered that this is indeed a bug. I hadn't found a relevant match in my earlier searches, but a change of search words and I found SAP note 1132269 (support pack 18) that addresses the issue.