cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determine equipment usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to determine the equipment usage for pieces of equipment by year. We have the information in a file that has Equip#, Transaction Date and Meter Reading. I basically want to take the first transaction for the specified year from the last transaction for the specified year to determine the annual usage. The transaction dates could vary by piece of equipment.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm using Crystal Reports XI.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes that's what I'm trying to get.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That shouldn't be too tough to pull off. We'd just need to know what fields you have available to work with.

Here is where I would start...

1) Filter you records by date, so set up you date parameters.

2) Hopefully each record has a unique ID field, that increments up each time a new record is input.

3) You'll need to group the report based on the equipment items (usually equipment_ID if you have one).

4) Next you'll need some formulas. Something along these lines:

Start

IF MINIMUM({tbl.eqipment_ID}, {#euipGroup}) = {tbl.eqipment_ID} THEN {tbl.meterReading}

End

IF MAXIMUM({tbl.eqipment_ID}, {#euipGroup}) = {tbl.eqipment_ID} THEN {tbl.meterReading}

Usage

{@End} - {@Start}

5) Place all 3 formulas in either the group header or the group footer (personal preference).

6) Suppress the details.

See how that works for you,

Jason

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Elaine,

Sounds like you'll want, for any given piece of equipment, the 1st meter reading of the year and the last meter reading of the year and the difference will be the usage.

Does that sound about right?

Jason