cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue when exporting to Excel: multiple worksheet tabs "grouped"

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I export WebI reports that are designed to have multiple report tabs to Excel, all of the worksheet tabs are selected and active, and the report title has [Group] appended to it.

MS Excel's Help states, "Tip When multiple worksheets are selected, [Group] appears in the title bar at the top of the worksheet. To cancel a selection of multiple worksheets in a workbook, click any unselected worksheet. If no unselected sheet is visible, right-click the tab of a selected sheet, and then click Ungroup Sheets on the shortcut menu."

Is there any way for me to ensure in the WebI report that upon export to Excel, the first worksheet tab is the only one that is selected and active? My users view it as a bug and do not want to do the extra step of clicking on the worksheet tabs once the report is opened in Excel.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which version of Business Objects and Excel are you using.

Because when I export a Webi report with Multiple tabs to Excel, only the first tab is shown active and there is no Group appended to it.

I am using BO XI R2 SP4

And Office 2003 SP3

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using BO XI R2 SP2, and Office 2003 SP3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tested the issue with SP2 and Office 2003 base version and was able to see multiple tabs selected when exporting a Webi report to Excel.

Found out that this is a known bug with BO XI R2 SP2 and has been resolved in CHF 15. There already exists an ADAPT for this issue ADAPT00628708.

And this issue is listed as Resolved under Service Pack 2 Read Me.

Installing some Subsequent Fix Pack will resolve this problem.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your speedy reply! I'm the BO developer, and will pass this information on to the BO Admin. Since I have no access to download hot fixes, is this something easy for the BO Admin to do?