cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main report is landscape, subreports are portrait

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using 11.0.0.1282

This is the opposite of the problem everybody else seems to have -- they can't force this when they want it, I have it and can't make it stop.

Report is set to landscape in page setup, and those pages display properly. Unlinked subreports are also set to landscape but display and print as portrait, cutting off the objects on the right side of the page. I have tried every way I can think of to change the subreport page orientation but to no avail.

Main report displays 10.5 inches on the horizontal ruler but subreports only display 7.

How can I force all subreports to display and print as landscape with 10.5 usable inches of horizontal space?

Thanks,

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just want to say thank to this. I have been searching for a while now and got it here (it's actually so simple lol...)

Thanks guys

0 Kudos

Thank you for posting your solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Figured it out -- my placeholders in the main report were set to 7 inches wide starting at the left margin. I discovered this when I zoomed out the design tab in the main report. I extended the subreport placeholders out to the full landscape width and voila!

Thanks,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you go into the actual subreports and go to Page Setup are they (individually) set to Landscape?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to check your margins (left and right) sizes and maybe make your paper choice Legal size (give you a little extra width in Landscape (14 inches).

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only version of CR thus far to allow different orientations in one report is CR2008 (CRXI-R3).

Using CR2008 one can, using the Section Expert, go to the Paging tab and set the orientation differently for each section.

This is not available in XI-R2 or earlier.