cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Services XI 3.0 ... Impact and Lineage Analysis not working properly

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

i keep getting the same error when i start the Impact and Lineage Analysis page. Calculate column mapping is done and successfull.

When i get one more level deeper as the datastores (and by that start a new page like "http://dehbg508:8080/DataServices/servlet/JSActaTable?TABLE_NAME=ADRESSEN_NAMES&OWNER=DBO&DATASTORE_NAME=Adressen_Target&TABLE_ID=373" i get a "page can´t be displayed" and Tomcat seems to crash. Funny enough i don´t get any error logs

I:

Installed the FP 1 already

Re-installed the app

"wdeployed" data services

Also the AutoDocumentation results in the same error. I have the slight idea that some reports (wherever they come from) are not available ...

anyone any idea ?

regards

Ralf

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've seen similar errors with a JDK that got corrupted. You could try to download the latest 1.5 SDK from the SUN website to see if this solved the Tomcat errors.

1. Stop Data Integrator and Tomcat services

2. Rename "c:\program files\business objects\javasdk" to "c:\program files\business objects\javasdk-bad"

3. Istall the Java SDK 1.5 from SUN at "c:\program files\business objects\javasdk"

4. Restart services and re-test...

Good luck !

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning Ben,

i tried ... several times now. Thought that if there is a Fixpack because the wrong JVM was shipped that these changes would be automatically take place. I got a bit closer meanhwile i think. In the troubleshooting document i saw a remark about a "acta_metadata_reports" folder that should reside at "D:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Data Services\ext\webserver\webapps"

Funnywise i have just one folder that is "D:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Data Services\ext\webserver\webapps\acta_web_admin".

I think is it somewhere around that area but definately also in conjunction with all that Java stuff.

Thanks, Ben!