Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU01 and HR data Sync

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We would like to keep the user master data in SU01 in sync with HR user

data. For example, If HR makes a change to the name, the only way we

find out is if they let us know. Is there a BADI or user exit to

implement to keep it in sync with the user master data in su01?

We want to keep the user master data current and updated. Any help

would be appreciated. This is a concern since we are configuring LDAP/

AD.

robert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member248712
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robert:

Here's a possible solution.

Use the SAP HR Data to be exported/updated to create/update the User ID in Active Directory. Once the active Directory is updated with the User IDs(User Parameter), sync back with SAP (SU01 Ids) system to Create User IDs based on the parameters set to create the User ID.

My understanding is that the process of syncing the Data from HR to AD is one way (i.e from HR -> AD). But you have the option of syncing Data from SAP (SU01 IDs) both ways. This process would also help in maintain the User Data in Sync is all Systems including AD.

Here's the document that may help you.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40b0d690-0201-0010-2c86-90924075....

AB

4 REPLIES 4

former_member248712
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robert:

Here's a possible solution.

Use the SAP HR Data to be exported/updated to create/update the User ID in Active Directory. Once the active Directory is updated with the User IDs(User Parameter), sync back with SAP (SU01 Ids) system to Create User IDs based on the parameters set to create the User ID.

My understanding is that the process of syncing the Data from HR to AD is one way (i.e from HR -> AD). But you have the option of syncing Data from SAP (SU01 IDs) both ways. This process would also help in maintain the User Data in Sync is all Systems including AD.

Here's the document that may help you.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40b0d690-0201-0010-2c86-90924075....

AB

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a famous "chicken or the egg" problem.

I dont think it is possible to answer it easily without knowing more details of your current and planned setup...

If you search for "LDAP" and "Infotype 0105" and "PPOM" then you can get some ideas and refine the question.

Try to resist cross-posting this question to the Identity Management forum ( [the rules|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement] ), though I can imagine that it is very tempting..... unfortunately we cannot "mirror" good questions with this forum software

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not aware of any standard functionality that helps with this.

As Arjun mentions there are some standard tools provided for syncing between HR and LDAP - and yes it is only one way. If you chose this route then I would use a field like the Infotype 0105 field (System user name) as the mapping for user id - that way a user is only created in AD once this field is populated in HR.

Be aware though that if you make use of this method it will create a user is AD for every record in HR where the 105 information is maintained. However these are created as deactivated accounts in AD.

Alternatively if you have some ABAP developers that can assist you - then perhaps take a look at the extraction programs/queries that are provided for the HR to LDAP synchronisation and see if you could make use of these within a custom development:

Standard query infoset is provided /SAPQUERY/HR_LDAP_46C

Query LDAPEXTRACT46C

Program RPLDAP_DEFAULT_MAPPING_46C (Generate Default Mapping for HR LDAP Query)

Program RPLDAP_EXTRACT (Extraction of HR Data to an LDAP Directory)

Program RPLDAP_QUERY_MAPPING (Maintain Field Assignments for Data Export)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you for the suggestions. I will now do some research and see what I can do.