cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day to All,

I have a main report and a sub-report. Have have four parameters.

when promted for parameters I promtped eights times or double my original my parameters.

Is there a way to just my first four parameters to get promtped.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to set up linking from your main report parameters to your subreport parameters.

You can do this by right clicking the subreport object and choose Change Subreport Linking.

In the dialog box, pick the first parameter, add it to the box on the right, then pick the corresponding parameter in the lower left box. Make sure the pick your parameter and not the one that Crystal tries to generate by default.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

I would like to know the following information:

1) How many parameters have you created in the main report?

2) Have you created any parameter in the subreport?

3) What happens if you link the subreport and the main report using the created parameters?

Thanks

Poonam Thorat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Afternoon,

I've created all my parameters in a stored Proc. I have a total of Four Parameters.

When I add my sub-report I'm prompted for eight parameters.

I've tried the right click on my sub-report and link the parameters that are only used by my subreport but I still am prompted for eight parameters.

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are the main report and the sub-report based on the same stored procedure? Or are they off two separate stored procedures?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are the main report and the sub-report based on the same stored procedure? Or are they off two separate stored procedures?

One Stored procedures.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As the data is all being pulled from the same stored procedure are you using a subreport strictly for formatting purposes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remove the parameters in the subreport.

Right-click on your subreport and choose "Change Subreport Links"

Make your parameters the links to the subreport.

Those values will be passed through to the subreport as links and utilized in the subreport's selection criteria.