cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

appended field in the datasource as selection in infopackage

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have appended a field in my datasource, say for example, country (ZZCOUNTRY). I set ZZCOUNTRY as selection in the datasource so i can filter by country in my infopackage. When i check my datasource, ZZCOUNTRY is there. But when i use it in filter, the system is ignoring it.

Example, if i load all data, i get 5 records. 1 is US, and 4 for CA. when i filter by country US and load my infopackage, i am expecting to get only 1 record, but i still get 5 records.

do you know if it's possible to use appended field as infopackage filter?

Thanks

jti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Appended fields cannot be used as selection (though selection check box is enabled) as they are calculated/selected at the runtime from the other standard data(other than appeneded fields) available.

You can check this in RSA3 itself in debug mode.

Based on your restrictions the standard data gets selected since appeneded fields are calculated using this standard data the filter wont apply.

Hope this helps.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thanks all for your replies. Since i cannot use the appended field as a selection, i used another way by creating a a routine in my infopackage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

if u want to enchance your datasouce u are suppose to maintain the DS in RSA6,and then enable the fields for selections.

i suppose if the fields are appended fields you can't enable those for selection.

please check if these fields are enables before u proceed.

hope this helps

--- Rashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

have you done replication of your datasource ?

bye

Boujema