cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infoview not displaying or print text object fully justified

Former Member
0 Kudos

We recently upgrading to Crystal Server XI R2 from XI R1. We have report that uses a text object to create a form letter. The text object uses Times New Roman True Type font and is set for justify. When run from the server, the Infoview no longer shows the text object as fully justified on the screen and when it is printed to any of our networked or local printers, the text is garbled. The report runs and prints correclty from the Developer app. Does anyone know why it no longer displays correctly in Infoview or prints when it worked fine in XI R1?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the developer load on my personal laptop. The reporters are then uploaded to the server. The report in question was develop 3 years ago and worked fine until we upgraded to Crystal Reporter Server XI r2 and moved to a newer servers.

I have tested a variety of printers and get the same garbled results if I print from Infoview.

I did try your suggestion and switched to Jave and Active-X control in Infoview. Java did not work. Active-X displayed the same garbled output on the screen display as it prints, so that is something, but I don't know how get it to display and print correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is usually good practice to install Crystal Reports on the same server as CR or BOE - so that the print engine (crpe) can properly format the report as it was designed...

Apart from that, I would ask what viewer you're using in InfoView? Be aware that the web viewer (DHTML) has a disclaimer - it may lost some formatting elements - though what you're experiencing sounds extreme. I would try either the Java viewer or the Active-X viewer (requires install) and print from either one of them...

Lastly and pardon the dumbness of my question - but have you tested with different printers? If the report looks fine on screen, it should print normally...