cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Recruiting error in SLG1 Log after modification to Container Sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

We are running E-Recruiting 3.0, and I have made a change to the Container Sequence for the Applicaiton Wizard (both employee and external candidate). My HR group wanted to remove the tab that was for candidates to type in a cover letter, and instead have them attach it (Word doc etc.) on the attachment tab. After doing this, I did regenerate the URL's using RCF_GENERATE_URLS.

Now, when I am logged in as a recruiter, if I go into "Candidate Selection" and then drill into the "Application" for any of the candidates, I'm getting an error message in the SLG1 log (I am able to look at the application, only noticable issue is in the SLG1 log). It is within the Application, and not the Candidate Profile that the text from the "cover letter" tab was showing up.

The error message is:

No candidate could be found for US SUPPORT

The error occurred in program CL_HRRCF_CANDIDATE===========CM003 line 345

Further details include:

Error ID: D66242F98A2D11449DAF9AF0F1EC7982

Error class: CX_HRRCF_MAINTAIN_OBJECT

Error context: CX_HRRCF_MAINTAIN_OBJECT

Any guidance that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Leeanna Travis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Leeanna,

can you briefly explain how to add or remove container sequences, also fields on each container sequence.

Thanks,

Bharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

In configuration (SPRO), modifications can be made at "SAP E-Recruiting --> Technical Settings --> User Interfaces --> Flexibilization --> Container Sequences --> Modify Container Sequences.

Within that table, you select the container sequence (Candidate Profile, Applicaiton Wizard, Requisition Maintenance, etc.), and then go into the "Assignment of Elements". Within there, it lists the elements that make up the various tabs within the screen. For instance, in the Application Wizard container sequence, we have "personal data", "communication data", "work expeerience", "attachments", etc. This is were you can modify what is available for data entry when the candidate applies for a job.

Thanks,

Leeanna

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Leeanna,

the exclusion of a tab in the application wizard should not have the effect you describe. I assukme that the change and the error u get have nothing to do with each other. Especially the cover letter tab should have no effect as it is only available in the application wizard but not in the candidate profile.

The first question to ask is the User in the SLG1 message. What is the role of the support user? Is it the user you log into as recruiter. Is it your service user witht he unregistered candidate role which is put into the services mentioned in the post above or is it just any old test user.

In the last case it might be that it is a corrupt user someone put into a recruiting team which lost its candidate anywhen and now causes the message. So could you check if the user has a candidate and if not check if it is member of any recruiting team in HRP5131.

Best Regards

Roman Weise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roman,

Thank you for the response, but this also doesn't seem to help me.

The error message began exactly right after I removed the Cover Letter tab from the Container Sequence. I specifically checked that because I've had error messages in the past after I have modifications when applications have already been received. This isn't an issue with the candidate profile, it is specific to the application.

The user has the Recruiter role (along with every other role, including SAP_All), and is a dialog user. It is not an old test user, but the one that I've been using myself all along,

I also checked table HRP5131 (person responsible IT), and the user that is showing up with the error in the SLG1 log is properly assigned to the ND/Application object.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I definately welcome them. Thanks again to everyone who has tried to help.

Leeanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Leeanna.

I will get back to you if there are further questions.

Regards,

Bharat

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Leeanna,

the key question is - has the user a candidate or not? Check the relations in HRP1001 or if you use an integrated installation check the IT0105.

Perhaps you or someone else accidently relinked the candidate to another user or ended a relation.

Easiest thing to start with is getting any mhethod that returns the candidate for the username and just test it with the user in the SLG1 message. If it cannot return a candidate key / instance I'd start searching why this is so in HRP1001, PA30.

Best Regards

Roman Weise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roman,

I checked the Application (ND) in HRP1001 and it is assigned to the Posting (NC), Candidacy (NE), and Candidate (NA).

I'm a little unclear on whether or not that is what you are recommending that I review. If that wasn't what you were referring to, could you please clarify a bit more.

Thank you,

Leeanna

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leeanna,

we have to check if the User which throws the error is really linked to a candidate. Just make a z-report with the following coding:

data: ls_cand_key type hrobject.

cl_hrrcf_candidate_admin_bl=>get_candidate(
  EXPORTING
    P_USER          = 'SUPPORT'
  IMPORTING
    P_CAND_HROBJECT = ls_cand_key ).

write ls_cand_key.

If it writes a correct candidate key like 01NA12345678 the user is still assigned to a candidate and we have to look in a complete other direction. If it dumps (cause of the exeption i do not catch) the user lost the candidate assignment. In this case anything deleted the relation between user and candidate and the SLG1 message is correct and you did nothing wrong when changing the container sequence.

Best regards

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So if the relationship was lost, what should we do?

dsharmak
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Travis,

Please check whether a candidate exists for the service user (assigned

to hrrcf_cand_reg). It means, for this service user create a candidate

using the report program rcf_create_user.(Enter this service user name

in the user parameter of the program) This report should not be used in case of integreated Environment.

For the following services, make sure to maintain the service user with

a candidate and role (such as SAP_RCF_UNREGISTERED_CANDIDATE.)

1. hrrcf_apply_ext

2. hrrcf_cand_reg

3. hrrcf_password

4. hrrcf_pinstappl

5. hrrcf_pinst_pbl

6. hrrcf_search

7. hrrcf_unrg_appl

8. hrrcf_unrg_srch

Hope the above infomation should be helpful.

Best Regards,

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

Thank you for the quick response, but It doesn't look like this information helps me. Service hrrcf_cand_reg does have service user RCF_CAND_UNR assigned to it, along with the eight other services that you listed.

A user for the candiate does exist, as it was created when they registered on our E-Recruiting site. The external candidates user ID is a dialog user, and is assigned the authorization given to the reference user RCF_CAND_EXT.

Basically, I was not getting this error message in the SLG1 log until I removed the "Cover Letter" element from the Application Wizard Container Sequence. This was done after we went live, and some candidates actually entered information ito the "Cover Letter" tab within the Application Wizard. I can still see that information now, which I would like to, for the people who actually entered something. I just want to know how to stop the error messages when I view the application (not the Candidate information).

Thank you,

Leeanna