cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Modifying Users/Groups That I Did Not Create.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using the BOXIR2 CMC...

I am a new admin that has been added to the system. Probably 50 or so groups and 1000's of users already exist in the system. My account is in the Administrators group. I can create new users and new groups. I can add users I created to groups I created. I can assign rights to any group for any folder.

Here is my problem:

1) I am unable to add users/groups (I did not create) to any group.

2) I am unable to add users/groups ( I created ) to groups I did not create.

Actions taken:

(User I created): CMC Home>Users>(username1)>Member of>Modify Member of>. Under "Available groups:" all groups are gray/disabled except groups I created and these two groups: "Report Conversion Tool Users" & "Universe Designer Users".

(User I did not create): CMC Home>Users>(username2)>Member of>. At this page the "Member of..." button is gray/disabled.

(Group I created): CMC Home>Groups>(groupname1)>Add Users>. Under "Available users:" all users are gray/disabled except users I created and my own user account.

(Group I did not create) CMC Home>Groups>(groupname2)>Users>. At this page the "Add Users..." and "Remove Users..." buttons are gray/disabled.

What am I doing wrong or what is the problem here? If anyone can shine the light on this I'd be greatly appreciative. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It sounds like your group security has been modified to only allow modifications to objects it owns in the user/group security root. I would check this first. If that is ok then check your user ID specifically for the same right.

Edited by: Mark White on Sep 13, 2008 10:15 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also noticed this behaviour in SP4. As a workaround though, you can always log in using the 'Administrator' account and it will allow you to change anything.

I kind of liked this feature as well especially if you have few people who manage admin tasks.

Kashif

Edited by: Kashif Saeed on Sep 15, 2008 10:19 PM

Answers (0)