cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report that spans several pages

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a 31 column report that will be exported to Excel. I am not sure how to design it since I can really only pick landscape or portrait to the page width is limited.

Should I use Cross-tabs? I have read about them but am not sure if this is the correct method.

Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated .

Linda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm glad you found the driver. It's just always been on the machines I use to develop Crystal. I never thought to ask, I thought it was a OS feature.

As for your viewer, I'm afraid I don't really know. the HTML viewer that is embedded in our application handles any paper size I throw at it. Maybe the server that the viewer lives on needs to have the same print driver? (total stab in the dark there)

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yup, the same driver needs to be installed on the server the viewer is running on. Very similar as in the report designer, if the viewer cannot find the printer the report was designed with, it will use the Windows default printer.

Good luck,

Brian

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are only exporting this report to excel, then the size of the fields on the report in the design is irrelevant, all of the data will export regardless. You can shrink all of your fields to less than 1/10 of an inch, and the full data still exports. It's ugly, but it works.

the other option, as mentioned is to use a print driver with another paper size. You don't actually need the printer, just the driver.

you can then go into file -> page setup -> and click on the 'printer...' button, and select your new print driver.

The Microsoft CPS Document Writer offers a paper size called 'E size sheet' if you put it on landscape, you will be able to fit all of your fields.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ryan,

Where can I find that print driver to download? I thought it would be easy to find, but have not had any luck.

Thanks,

Linda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda

You can find more information on Microsoft XPS Document Writer at http://msdn.microsfot.com/en-us/library/aa365810(VS.85).aspx

Hope this helps.

Shraddha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Howdy...I still don't see where to download a driver for this large paper size printer. The above page talks about it does does not have downloads.

Linda

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa964988(VS.85).aspx

Windows XP SP2/2003: Download and install either .Net Framework 3.0 or the XPS Essential Pack from Microsoft.

Windows Vista: MXDW is installed automatically when the operating system is installed.

I have XP and was able to set the page size to 20 inches.

Now, when I call the report from the crystal viewer in my application, it is not that wide. Hmm....any suggestions on making the viewer wider?

Thanks,

Linda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Smaller fonts | Landscape orientation | at LEAST legal size paper (gives ya 14 inches in width)

Or simply find a print driver that will give you more width (HP used to have one that provided quite a few feet of width...)