cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat file load to BI 7 cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Does the Position of fields in the Transformation in BI 7 have to be the same as the sequence of fields in the Datasource?

I'm trying to load a flat file but my first field in the DS and flat file is a 4 char field. In the PSA, it only shows 2 characters and truncates the rest.

I checked the transformation and the 1st position is of a field that is a CHAR 2.

How can I change the position of the field in the transformation?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No need to change anything in the transformation. Just make sure that the order of fields in the flat file datasource matches the file and the data types and lengths defined in the datasource are correct.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The arrangements of fields in the cube is not gonna afftect the load as we cam map the fields manually in transformations.

but the order and name of fields in the datasource and flatfile should be same.

u can check loading of data this from load example data in the datsource itself.

when u give the infoobjects of target in the datasource against the fields in the datasource, it will give u the lengths of the target field and when u save it if there is any mismatch it will give u a warning messsge that the target length will be ruled.

unless the length of the target is lessthan the souce data, u will not have a problem.

but when it is less in the target this will fail.

have mentioned that u get only two charecters in the output, pls check with the decimal points and output length in the infoobject of the cube.

This data in the PSA depends on the length described in the datasource for the particular field. check the length and decimal places.

hope this helps

Ranjith

Edited by: Ranjith Kumar Murugesan on Sep 12, 2008 9:40 AM

Edited by: Ranjith Kumar Murugesan on Sep 12, 2008 10:16 AM

Edited by: Ranjith Kumar Murugesan on Sep 12, 2008 10:18 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mayank and Brian!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your datasource structure needs to match your file structure. You then map this structure to info objects which map to your transformation fields. So, your transformation fields can be in any order.

Brian