cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Vendors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am attempting to Import Vendors using the import tool within SAP Business One. I tested the import twice, and got some country/state code errors. After fixing all of those errors, I tested the import a third time.

Now I am getting a bunch of error messages that say:

"Address is empty [Business Partner - BP Code]"

This error hadn't showed up the previous two times, and I didn't change the data on any of the records that the error is showing. There is address information in my excel sheet which I am importing off of, and it isn't pulling into SAP Business One for these records which the error is showing up for. Also, other records which are setup in the exact same manner, are pulling in fine.

Anyone have any insight on why this would be happening?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check this thread to see if suits you case:

Thanks,

Gordon

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I deleted the BP's that errored out. They were put into the system during the first two test imports. Then I re imported them, and it worked without any errors. I didn't change any data or anything just simply deleted them before I re-uploaded them.

I had the check box checked for updating existing records, so I'm not exactly sure what the problem was.

Thanks for helping out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My suggestion:

1. Check the detailed error log by going into the file created by DTW.

2. Review these 44 records in notebook to see what exact text will be uploaded.

3. In case nothing you can identify, upload the large batch for the 7800+ BP first, figure out the remain later.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gordon for the response. It doesn't seem to fit in with that thread though.

There aren't any characters which seperate the 44 errored ones from the 7900 which go in successfully. There doesn't seem to be a common difference between the good ones versus the bad ones.

I also don't understand why they went in successfully twice but now they will not go in. I didn't change any of the data.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andrew,

I would surely suggest using DTW for Master data which contain more than just Code and Name.

Suda