cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchy items include a range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Is possible to include a range for item in hierarchy? I cannot find any way to do this only in Bex, if I do a structure in query designer this is posible, but I want to know if can I do it in hierarchy?

this functionality is available in ECC when you do a financial statement version you can include a range of accounts.

that is because the user doesnt want to do maintenance to the hierarchy when he create a new item

thanks in advance

cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When initially creating a hierarchy in BCS, ir is possible to include an entire range or ranges of items. However this is not stored by the system and thus each new item created thereafter must be separately added to the hierarchy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

the maintenance hierarchy in SEM BCS master data, in Bex I can to include a range of item ONLY IF IT WAS CREATED IN SEM BCS.

my question is. Is possible include a range of item in SEM (master data-item) ?

because you can include a item in hierarchy only if you have done master data for this item. it is manually, a want to do automatically, if I create a new item automatically this item be include in hierarchy.

for example

001 hierarchy 01

100000 current assets (nuerarchy nodes) range (10000-10999)

10001 cash (item)

10002 Bank (item)

I want to create item 10003,then I want that the system automatically include this item (10003) in hierarchy

thanks in advance

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

AFAIK, there is no the straight forward method for it.

Though, there is a faint workaround.

If you create a first (10001 in this case) and the last (10999 - the other current assets) items for the given hierarchy node, you may create a flex file for hierarchy upload (one time procedure), with intervals.

After creation of new items rerun the upload of hierarchy and the new item will be included into the appropriate interval. It's just two clicks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dan, Eugene

I think I will do it with Bex, I will create a Query with range of item without hierarchy from SEM, I think is the best wat for do it.

best regards

Lucio

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucio,

Unfortunately, it was not very clear what you want.

Is possible to include a range for item in hierarchy?

Yes, it's possible, in BEx and RSA1.

You can/want or cannot/don't want do it in BEx?

Maintenance of hierarchy, where, in BW or SEM-BCS?