Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retaining the Fixing information at the aggregate level after restoring PA

0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We have an issue.

There are three scenarios.

First is in the DP planning book when the fixing is at aggregate level for a KF and .

when we take the backup from this Planning Area into the Cubes the fixing information at the aggregate level is not backed up into the Cube. As a result of this when we restore the planning area from this backup cube the Fixing of the KF at the aggregate level is not retained.

Second scenario when we do the fixing at the aggregate level and at one detail level and do the backup, fixing information is stored at detail level and when we restore the PA only Detail level fixing is retained and not the aggregate level fixing.

In the third scenario when the fixing is done at all the detail levels(automatically aggregate level is fixed)

and do the back up , fixing information is stored at all the detail levels(in the backup cube) and when we restore the planning area, fixing is retained at all the detail levels and at the aggregate level as well.

So my concern is like is there any way to retain the aggregate level fixing(in the first and second scenarios) when we do the back up into the cubes.

System SCM 4.1 and support pack 16.

Thanks and Regards,

Padma.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Data in a keyfigure can be fixed and saved only if:

a) Keyfigure has a Fixing keyfgure assigned and is APO application type keyfigure and

b) Fixing is being done at the lowest CVC level

OR b) Fixing is being done at an intermediate CVC level which also has an Aggregate (see SAP Note 503363)

Only when above conditions met will Fixing information get saved (across sessions) in Interactive Planning

0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Thanks for the reply.

We are able to fix the KF at the detail level as well as at aggregate level and after saving also we are able to retain the fixing.

But problem is aggregate level fixing is not transferred to the Backup Cube.

Any solution for this.

Regards,

Padma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fixing information will be extracted when saving the data into an InfoCube and will be reloaded when using transaction /SAPAPO/TSCUBE to load the data back into the planning area. If you load the data back only on the level of the basis planning object structure, the data will be aggregated to thelevel of the aggregates but no fixing information will then be available on the level of an aggregate.

0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Thanks once again.

As of now we are having one Backup Cube(say Cube1) based on Master Planning Object Structure.

When the back up from Live Cache is done to this Cube we are unable to get the fixing at the aggregate level and as a result when we restore the Planning Area from this Cube we are unable to get fixing at the aggregate level but able to get the fixing at the detail level.

I tried using another cube(say Cube2) which is based on the Aggregate(this contains Char which is at the detail level in the Planning Book) of Master Planning Object Structure we are able to get the fixing information at the aggregate level in this cube, but detail level values are not as it was before restore but it is the equal proportion of aggregate values.

And when i tried to restore the Planning Area from the above two cubes( Cube1, Cube2) i am able to get the fixing at the aggregate as well as detail level. But it is at the expense of one additional Cube.

Is there any way to retain the aggregate fixing and detail fixing after restoring the Planning area from only one backup Cube.

Thanks and Regards,

Padma.

0 Kudos

Can any one please help me on this issue..

Regards,

Padma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest to raise an OSS message and let us see how SAP responds to this provided if you want only one back up cube.