cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Txn RMPS_SET_SUBSTITUTE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to disable (restrict) the option of "Maintaining Substitute" for a list of users. This i want to do on SBWP side, not on UWL side (so BAdi WF_SUBSTITUTE 'll not be useful here )

On this, i got the following very useful thread where IA mentioned about using the Txn RMPS_SET_SUBSTITUTE.

Can anybody tell how to use this. Coz, when i execute this Txn, it just takes me to the regular Substitute Maintenance screen that we can access thru SBWP>Settings>Wflow Settings-->Maintain Substitute.

May be, i am not doing something properly.

What i noticed was in this program, the attribute

"cl_rmps_aut_org=>c_activity_set_substitute" has a default value of "SETS".

Should we need to change this to deactivate this option ?

Please let me know if there is any other way of disabling this from IMG Config etc.,

Thanks in advance

venu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

I can't be sure without investigating it myself, but it may be possible to accomplish this using authorisations. You would need to set up a test user and do some experimenting, or spend a little time debugging.

Cheers,

Mike

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes this doesn't allow you to restrict but to maintain the substitutes as an Admin. You need to create your own Z transaction variant as suggested in the thread or restrict using any other method.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For my perspective you need to do a modification to the SBWP substutition functionality to achieve your requirement. That's the only way. No configuration options available.

Report RMPS_SET_SUBSTITUTE is just another way of setting substitutions, and it can be used by admins to set up substitutes for any user.

Probably both of these ways of setting up substitutes use the same function modules or methods (or whatever), but you need to modify the code of those. So, you just need to investigate the code, and do necessary modifications - but only if it is really required.

Best regards,

Karri