cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pl. review the steps to implement SD Billing LO Cockpit extractor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Next weekend I am going to install SD Billing LO Cockpit extractor in production. One of the objective is to reduce user lockout time.

Extractor and DSO / transformation etc. transports have already gone to production and the extractor is active with queued delta method.

I was revising the sequence of activities and wanted experts to review it.

1. lock all the users in R/3 production(during the weekend maintenance window)

2. Delete/Clear Setup tables (just to make sure they are empty)

3. Run setup job ( Runs for around 5 Hrs)

4. clear extraction queue for SD Billing ( already active and has many records/LUWs)

5. Run delta init to BW without data transfer. (time 1 min)

6. open system for all the users

7. Do full load to BWP ( will pull data from setup tables only and transactions posted after that won't come in this load) (time 2.5 Hrs).

8. Start the extraction job using LBWE --> job control --> hourly job setup

9. Set infopackage for daily deltas to BWP

Questions:

1. Is this sequence correct. Am I missing something?

2. Wanted to confirm that there is no danger of losing deltas or duplicate records because I will run full load after opening the system to the users, am I correct?

There are so many LO cockpit experts. Pl. review the same. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207028
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

regaring the Full load which you mentioned, after init load (with / without) delta load will be enabled, aftet init if you run Full load it will impact the delta load,

we have run only repair Full request,

you will fine this option in -> Infopackage -> Scheduler -> Reapir Full request

Regards

Daya Sagar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wouldn't run a full load after the init unless you plan to do a repair full request. Why don't you run the init wide-open instead of the full load?

I'm not sure if you skipped some detail or not, but when I run my setup tables, I usually break the jobs up into 1-2 hr jobs. That way, if there is an issue, you don't lose too much time (1-2 hrs vs. 5hrs).

Brian