Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading Text file from the network folder in back ground mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I need to upload text file in background mode from the network folder. Could any one you suggest the possible approach.

I have already tried the below options and both doesn't work:

1. GUI_UPLOAD--- which does not work in back ground mode

2. OPEN/READ DATA SET---- which only works for the files in appliactoin server.

both of the above options doesnot work for me because the limitations described above.

Please suggest me any other possible approach.

Thanks in advance,

Mahamood.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use FTP FM's to FTP your file from the network folder to the application server and then use OPEN DATASET.

Search the Forum for FTP, you might get some sample code. Also check this blog.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use FTP FM's to FTP your file from the network folder to the application server and then use OPEN DATASET.

Search the Forum for FTP, you might get some sample code. Also check this blog.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

network folder also similar to Presentation server , so it is not possible to upload in background mode.

check this...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9831750a-0801-0010-1d9e-f8c64efb...

0 Kudos

Hello vijay,

Thank for the information you have provided, let me check the proposal and i will get back to you.

Regards,

Mahamood.

0 Kudos

Hello vijay,

The FM which is used in the documentation is 'RFC_REMOTE_FILE' which is not existing in the dev system. would you please validate the FM? is it common FM which should be present?

Regards,

mahamood.

0 Kudos

hi mahamood,

did you got the solution .

If so ,can you please post the steps how you schieved this functionality.

thanks in advance.

sastry.

0 Kudos

Hi sastry,

I have asked my basis admin to set up a file variable and the sap user should have access rights for read to this network folder. Once this file variable is set up i just need to add an extra coding to get the absolute path using the FM FILE_GET_NAME_USING_PATH and then OPEN DATASET and READ DATASET for reading the data form the network file.

Please let me know if you need any more info for the same.

Regards,

mahamood.

0 Kudos

hi mohamood,

correct me if i'm wrong ,

the network folder file also like presentation server file ,then how these OPEN DATASET and READ DATASET works for reading the data form the network file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to copy the file into the application server then access by using the DATA SET Commands.

Regards

Kiran