cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subreport positioning within main

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a main report which just acts as a container for two subreports (with an exception).

The first subreport obtains dates from one table and passes them to the main report as shared variables. The main report then passes the dates to the subreport as parameters. That works. Sub1 doesn't need to display so all its sections are suppressed. It's placed in the main report header. That section is set to underlay following sections. If Sub2 is less than one page, it displays on page 1 of main; however, if it's larger than one page, it starts to display on page 2 of main. How can I force it to print on page 1 regardless of size?

Additional question: I mentioned an exception above. It seems that the main report has to do something, otherwise it gets insulted and refuses to pass the parameters to the subreport. I have it do some meaningless select on a table, it then 'behaves' and passes the parameters. Can someone explain this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want Sub2 to begin on page 1 no matter what size it is do this:

Ensure that the section of the main report in which Sub2 is located is NOT marked Keep Together in the section expert.

Ensure that the subreport (Format Subreport when right-clicking on it) object is not marked Keep Together.

Ensure that the sections of the subreport are not marked Keep Together.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - the key was to unmark Keep Together.

Do you happen to know the answer to the side question?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Main report has no data. Main report cannot pass info to the subreport (that info is used to select records in the subreport).

Result - no data in the subreport either.

Main report has data. Main report CAN pass info to the subreport and therefore provide info so that the subreport can pull data.

Hope that helps.

Answers (0)