Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I'm facing a problem with jobs. Here is the scenario, I have a program that it's a simple batch input. I use a load program just to

transfer a file to the server application, this part is online and it works fine. After the file is transferred to the application server the

program generates a Job through the SUBMIT VIA JOB statement. The program submitted is the batch input that reads at the same

server address the file uploaded through the OPEN DATASET statement. For some reason the job its getting cancelled always and

never executes the batch input. The error message is that the file could not be opened. I have given all permissions for the authorization

object S_DATASET, and still doesn't work. The strange thing is that when I execute this batch input program online with the same file

at the server application it works, the file gets open successfully. Not sure if has to do with job permission.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Gilberto Li

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are the users same in both cases? When you submit the job, do you use your ID or some other BATCH user ID?

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are the users same in both cases? When you submit the job, do you use your ID or some other BATCH user ID?

0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

Not sure if we use the same ID, I just use the statement SUBMIT VIA JOB, and after that JOB_CLOSE. I'm not passing any parameters for ID. We are using the same user to execute both programs in both modes online and via job.

Regards,

Gilberto Li

Edited by: Gilberto Li on Sep 11, 2008 6:31 PM