cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS overview page not getting displayed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have newly linked my SAP system with portal. I have linked one HRID in SAP with a userid .When i tried to login into portal to see his ESS page, i could not see his overview page and other pages. I wish to know what settings i have to do in properrty editor to display his details in portal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

For ESS deployment, you need the SAP PCUI_GP package in order to run with ESS and/or MSS. I think you miss this package deployment.

Download the BP for ESS (which you alrdy have) and deploy them together with the SAPPCUI_GPXXXX.sca file . You can download the SCA file for PCUI_GP from SAP market place. Once you login with your S-ID,Check in Downloads Tab :

Download->Support Packages and Patches->Entry by Application Group->SAP Application Components->SAP ERP

Which SP version to download, depends on your HR Backend release.

SAP ERP 200x-> Entry by Component -> SAP XSS (Self Services)->SAP PCUI_GP xxx

The required SCA files are listed;

You need to download both the SAP PCUI_GP and the patch(optinal) SCA file of the form :

SAPPCUIGPnn_x-yyyyyyyy.sca

SAPPCUIGPnnP_x-yyyyyyyy.sca (optinal Patch file )

Where nn corresponds to Support package and m corresponds to Patch level.

( SAP Reference Note: 761266 - Self Service Patches to know the version to be downloaded ).

Very useful threads on ESS deployment:

Please find below a fantastic guid for configuring ESS mySAP ERP 2005 (See above post).

Hope that helps.

Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

kindly refer to these links which gives you complete information concerning complete configuration of ESS in portals.

http://www.appsconsulting.co.za/SAP_PDF/BP_ESS_672_EN_2005.pdf

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/38/e8584c2a664547b60442646bee23b6/content.htm

Hope it helps.Award points if found helpful.

Regards,

Gourav.

former_member182416
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Have you Deployed the ESS Business Package and Java Components (PCUI_GP,ESS) in the Portal ?