cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying SSIS Package and Dynamic Script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I created a new SSIS Package in BPC 5.1 and copied dynamic script code from DTS package from Outlooksoft 4.2.

I copied Dynamic Script code to the Data Manager Dynamic Script by clicking it on Advanced stab from Data Manger Package view & Dynamic Script Editor by using Modify Package in BPC 5.1

I changed code according to SSIS format and clicked on OK and Saved it. But after i come back to add few more dynamic script code to the already saved one, i am not able to see the code which i saved.

I would like to know, Is it problem with BPC 5.1 dynamic script or i am doing some thing worng here. Please let me know, how to see already saved dynamic script code and make changes to it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Reddy Sai.

Edited by: Reddy Sai Dhiraj Sairam on Sep 11, 2008 5:48 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy Sai,

Yes, there is problem in saving dynamic script code in data manager modify dynamic script editor. Please follow the following steps to over come your problem.

Steps:

-->Go to BI development studio

-->Create a MODIFYSCRIPT variable of data type string

-->code all your dynamic script coding in Value in following format

'DEBUG(ON)<BR>PROMPT(XXXXXX, %XXXXXXXX%, "XXXXXXXXXX") less than symbol BR greater than symbol GLOBAL(XXXXX,%XXXXX%)

less than symbol BR greater than symbol

--> Save the variable

-->Go to bpc data manager

-->Modify your SSIS Package

You should able to see your dynamic script code. You can make changes to your dynamic script code as per your requirement.

Hope this will resolve your issue.

-Sreekanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekanth,

Thanks a lot. I resolved my evmodify issue. Thanks for all your steps. I followed exactly your steps and resolved issue.

Thx,

Reddy Sai

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Jeffrey_Holdema
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have moved this thread to the BPC MS forum. Notice the sticky [note|; at the top of the FPM - General (PCM, FC, Other) Forum whereby we announced new dedicated forums for BPC which are the proper place to post your questions regarding BPC in the future.

[Jeffrey Holdeman|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/Jeffrey+Holdeman]

SAP BusinessObjects

Enterprise Performance Management

Regional Implementation Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Do we have any document about how to Customize dynamic script in the package according to our requirement.

Regards,

Sashank.

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Using DM dynamic script you can add or change the code at any time but of course after each change you have to save the changes otherwise you will loose the changes.

You are in Organize Package of DM whicg means you should not forget to press save button before to leave the session.

Regards

Sorin Radulescu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sorin,

Thanks for your reply. I understand what you are saying about.

My problem is, i could not save the dynamic script code in 5.1 data manager and modify SSIS Package after i code it. It looks like there is a bug here in SAP BPC 5.1 support pack 3.

Can you let me know, what steps you are following in order to write evModifyScript code in 5.1 SSIS Packages in order to make it success.

Regards,

Reddy Dhiraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, there are certain situations which will cause the Advanced tab editor to not save your changes. Usually there is a problem with the text in you are trying to save, typically a unseen character is either included and does not need to be or not included and needs to be.

My suggestion would be to copy the text to a notepad and save it. Using Visual Studio directly edit the package, in another Visual Studio open a standard BPC package (ie: Import). Go to the Package Explored tab in both packages. First in your package, delete the Value for the MODIFYSCRIPT variable completely. Next go to the Import package and copy the MODIFYSCRIPT variable value into the value variable in you package and Save.

I would then go to BPC and use the Advanced tab to make some minor change, Save completely out of the Organize package dialog, then go back and see if your changes were actually saved.

IF they were saved, you can now manually edit in the Advance tab modifying it to look like what you have in your notepad. I would not copy from the notepad into the Advance tab. Save completely out and go back to check if it is saved.

If not, there could also be problems with some of the tasks in your package. But I'd start here and see if that works, 8/10 it does.

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I understood correct.

You copy some code from 4.2 in 5.1. My question it is where did you copy the code?

Did you use DM - Organize package list Modify package and added the code copied from 4.2?

Or you used SSIS package and you did the copy there?

5.1 Dynamic script is working fine if you modify the script from DM.

Regards

Sorin radulescu