cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cmsadm same password?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

we installed and configured NWDI and are sucessfully able to transport EP and XI content across all the target systems defined in the track.

I would call this a limitation with NWDI, i.e. according to config steps, the "CMSadm" user should have the same password in UME of NWDI, UME of SLD, which is OK.

but it expects to have the same password on XI DEV, XI QA AND XI PROD. but in our company, we maintain different password atleast for production.

so I would like to know workaround for this problem.

This came to our mind at the moment:

1. currently all the developers and security team know this password, so wat we are planning is to allow the security team to change the password for CMSadm user across all the systems (NWDI UME, SLD UME, XID, XI QA AND XI PROD) in the landscape every 45 days.

now my question is if it is changed in all the backend systems, is it ok if we specify this new password in the DOMAIN tab of Landscape configurator of CMS that is already being used by the tracks created for transport.

so please let us know

1. about the change of password in DOMAIN tab of CMS and backend systems.

2. any other workaround to maintain different passwords.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

any clues??

Thanks

Message was edited by: Reddy

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

I checked and found that for XI transports the password for CMSadm has to be same in all the involved systems.

I dont think there is any workaround for that.

Regards,

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

Thanks for the reply and checking in your XI landscape. eventhough it is cumbersome, our security team wants to change the password every 45 days..so i would just like to know if i change the passoword of all the backend systems involved and also in the domain tab of NWDI, will it work?

Thank you

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Firstly i dont see any reason why the password of CMSadm has been released to all the developers. I mean there is no reason for this. In our landscape only the basis consultant knows this password and all other users have been assigned the role of JDI.Developer. Hence they are not even allowed to create tracks. Only the basis administrator does that.

Changing passwords every 45 days in all the involved systems can be a cumbersome job. There would be a lot of problems if the password was not typed in correctly in one of the systems.

I am sorry i did not give any suggestions to the questions that you had asked, but i thought i would share my views.

Regards

Sidharth