cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger adapter - How to map several message types in one transmission

Former Member

Hi

We need to do a mapping from one IDoc source message to one Edifact message.

This edifact messages should however contain UNH segments from two different message types (INVOIC and TAXCON).

Would anyone have an idea of how these two message types can be merged into one transmission?

It would seem that a change to the message definition should be made - and would the BIC module be able to identify this?

That however in some ways ruins the "standard" delivery. So we would like to avoid that.

Thanks.

Regards

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I just saw your message for the first time. Were you successful with this? I have to do the same thing (i.e. INVOIC and TAXCON together). I'm wondering would you be able to share the xsd you used?

Thanks a lot,

Ben

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fit them into two different functional groups ie UNG. In EDIFACT you can put two different UNH under a functional group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

You can change the XSD of the receiver side and use this XSD to generate your own custom BIC mapping via BIC designer.since EDI is a floating structure you will not have any issue as long as you have designed and deployed BIC mapping as a .sda on XI server.

>>That however in some ways ruins the "standard" delivery.

The objects provided by Seeburger are seldom used as it is:)

we changed our XSD and also developed our own BIC mapping for all the interfaces.

Thanx

Aamir