cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculate % Complete

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to create a query that requires the % of the month complete. I need to pass a date, have it read the factory calendar and then return to me the % of the month that has been completed.

I know that I can use the function module RKE_SELECT_FACTDAYS_FOR_PERIOD and it will return to me the number of days in the month based on the factory calendar.

In a query, how can I access this function module and have it return the # of days in the month and the day number we are on so I can create the percentage?

I then need to take that percentage and multiply it by my full month budget amount. Since we only budget by the month and not the day, my requirement is to get the % of the monthly budget based on the day number we are on per the factory calendar.

I can do most of this in an function module, but how can I get the query to access this function module?

Your help / advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Renee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

virtual key figure?

or alternatively, you could store the number of days for the month in the Cube (which should not be that hard since you already have all those function modules figured out)... and then calculate the % "easily" in the query

Former Member
0 Kudos

We thought of that. Unfortunately, the data is stored at the month / year level and we need to get the % of the month completed.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

why is that unfortunate? if you have month/year level... you can store the number of days of that month next to it, can't you? I don't see the problem...