Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are PIDs Case Sensitve?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if PIDs are case sensitive.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well we have a go live on a new service and I added a PID to a large pool of users and accidentally didn't capitalize something. I just wasn't sure, but to be safe I just fixed it. I am assuming that your response means yes?

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

That you can enter them and save them in lower case would be the first indication that they have the ability to be entered and saved in lower case.

Why do you ask?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well we have a go live on a new service and I added a PID to a large pool of users and accidentally didn't capitalize something. I just wasn't sure, but to be safe I just fixed it. I am assuming that your response means yes?

0 Kudos

>

> Well we have a go live on a new service and I added a PID to a large pool of users and accidentally didn't capitalize something. I just wasn't sure, but to be safe I just fixed it. I am assuming that your response means yes?

My response mean "yes" you can, but I don't think that will help you much necessarily...

That they are case sensitive (by ability) means that some of them might use or expect it.

If you are uncertain, then my recommendation would be to find the GET PARAMETER in the coding which is using this, and then locate where the standard code uses a SET PARAMETER for it and test the transaction if possible to see how the parameter value is set in the standard (intended) use. Perhaps test it with different settings as well...

Then set the PIDs accordingly if it makes a difference for that PID. It might also be irrelevant if the program takes care of it....

Check transaction ABAPDOCU for the ABAP statement "GET PARAMETER" and "SET PARAMETER" for more infos about PIDs. There are also some threads here about GET/SET parameters and not expecting security gains from them...

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Sep 11, 2008 11:36 PM