Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benefit Salary calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a requirement which is like this:

Benefit Salary to be calculated as of Oct 01 of previous year. For example, if I am enrolling for 2009 then the Benefit Salary should be as of Oct 01 2008.

However, the issue is that when I run payroll for Oct 2009, then the Benefit Salary is also calculated as of Oct 01 2009 which is wrong. It still should be as of Oct 01 2008 even for the next three months.

How to achieve this ? Can someone let me know at the earliest?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Srivathsan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the UserExit PBEN0010 for calculating the Benefit related salary.

In our implemention, we have a custom infotype 9xxx to Hold information like ( Employee Family Status, Annual Salary for Insurance, Annual Salary for Vacaction Related Benefits etc.. ), which we populate right before the Open Enrollment using the custom program ( which looks at the employee salary as of the Oct 01 of 2008 using the Function Module RP_SALARY_GENERIC_CALC )

And we implemented the User Exit PBEN0010 ( HR_BEN_CALC_BENEFIT_SALARY ) to look into this infotype for salary instead of stardard process ( which calculates based on RP_SALARY_GENERIC_CALC ).

Hope this helps..

Thanks

Anand.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi man

I think the best possible solution is going for the development....

what we can do is

On 1st of Oct every year update a dummy wagetype ABCD with the benefit salary...

In the ABAP code we also need to give what all wagetypes are part of the ben salary ...

whenever the benefit salary is required in the system the we need to call ABCD instead of BSAL.....

Thanks And Regards

Mohammed Azeem