Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc type used for an output type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

How do I find the Idoc structure used by an output type.

When i look in nace it only shows the program name as RSNASTED and form routine as EDI_PROCESSING.

Thanks,

Raghu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the idoc type is not fixed...when you get the entry in EDP12...Please check with the same data in EDP13...or in the partner profile transaction WE20..

Thanks

Naren

6 REPLIES 6

former_member585060
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in Tables

EDIDC -- Control Record

EDIDD -- Data record (IDoc)

Regards

Bala Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the table EDP12...for the output type you will get the message type...and using the message type you can get the idoc type..using the transaction WE82.

Thanks

Naren

0 Kudos

naren,

Thanks a lot. that 'almost' solved the problem.

In WE82 i found that for message type there is more than one entry.

is there a way to find out if a given condition type uses which basic type or extension of the message type found through EDP12.

Thanks and regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the idoc type is not fixed...when you get the entry in EDP12...Please check with the same data in EDP13...or in the partner profile transaction WE20..

Thanks

Naren

0 Kudos

I guess i have to explain the whole problem.

We are trying to eliminate a couple of items from going down to 4 output types of which 3 of them are using EDI.

So I think we should eliminate them from being populated in the line items of each IDOC.

i.e) each basic type/ extension whichever it uses.

Does it make sense?

if not please advice, I am new to EDI.

Thanks and regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as I mentioned earlier check the tables EDP12 & EDP13 to get the idoc types ...and get the processing function modules..and there will be userexits in the processing function modules...use them eliminate the line items...

THanks

Naren