Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

I created a model for data reconciliation. When I want to display data from the virtual cube I get this message:

Message: DBMAN242 - A participating InfoProvider is virtual 
and aggreement between results and selections cannot be 
guaranteed

My question is: If the system reports that the data can not be guaranteed then what use is it for the purpose of reconciliation?

replied

Hi,

This message: DBMAN242 , is not an error message, but an informational message telling you the data you see may or may not be consistent with what is in the tables. If you're seeing no data retrieved at all, it is most likely that you're not selecting a requried characteristic in your field selections. For example, if it's an FI-GL cube (e.g., 0FIGL_R10), then you need to at least select 0CHART_ACCTS as a field. Easy way would be to select all the fields when running the listcube and you should see data.

Also try if the problem is with not displaying data, try not to display the SID's.When you select the fields for output, do not select all but select only the fields you want to see in the query for instance. Try a subset of the characteristics. Do not check all.

Hope this helps,

Regards

CSM Reddy

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question