Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capturing printing event

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are using CRM 4.0.

I want to know during execution of a transaction whether letter has been printed for that particular transaction or not.

Example:

User goes into "crmd_order" tansaction and changes to edit mode. Selects a letter (basically a smartform) that needs to be printed. He gets a print preview. There he has an option to either "Archive only" or "Print & Archive".

If the user selects a "Print & Archive", the letter is printed immediately or sent to spool. The user now has to click the "Back" button to come back to "crmd_order" screen.

I want to know whether printing action has been performed or not for the currrent transaction before he leaves the screen or saves it?

Rewards guraanteed.

Thanks,

Bhanu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that the best option would be to find a BADI that is executed before the printing or before the spool order creation.

I don't know if such BADI exists but I see it quite possible. What I don't know is how do you want to know that the user has printed. With a database table or something like that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vincet,

I have found a BADI. However in that BADI I first need to get what all actions have been performed. A log kind of thing checking which I can set a flag and use it on a later stage.

However I am stuck as I was not able to find an appropriate CRM function modules which fetchs the complete log of the events triggered in that transaction.

I do not think any database table entries will help. Its a runtime acitvity and dynamically I need to decide whether printing has been done or not. This is because users will not print all the time they use CRMD_ORDER transaction.

Please share your suggestions and comments.

Regards,

Bhanu.

Edited by: Bhanu Prakash Kar on Sep 12, 2008 7:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have access to a CRM system so I can't tell what function modules would be good.

About the second part, maybe you could implement a class that would launch a popup window asking if the printing will be done, is the user who will decide right?

Sorry for not being more useful but I can just say what I remember as I can't enter a CRM system.

Best regards,