cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports with .Net 2008 database error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Embedded Crystal Reports with .Net 2008 (Crystal Reports Basic).

I have created a stored procedure in Oracle which is returing a REF Cursor as a result dataset. When i am trying to pull this Stored Proc from Oracle to Crystal Reports, it is throwing the below error.

-

Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer

-

Query Engine Error: '42000:MicrosoftODBC driver for OracleSyntax error or access violation'

-

OK

-

Please help me in resolving this error.

Note: I am using Microsoft ODBC Driver for Oracle and created a DSN to connect to Crytal Reports.

Thanks

Athmaram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Copy the SQL from Show Query, if it's available and use SQLPlus to test what Cr is generating. You may want to test it manually also using SQL Plus to confirm the SP is valid and does return a result set.

If there are date and time fields in your SP you do need to format them properly.

You also should use our Data Direct ODBC drivers. You can download then from [Here|https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100008666562008E/cr_datadirect53_win32.zip] Or search for cr_datadirect53_win32.zip if the link does not work.

You should also test it using Oracles OLE DB Provider and ODBC driver. It may be an issue with Microsofts ODBC Oracle driver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had installed the provided drivers. Now i am able to fetch data from Oracle Stored Proc.

Thanks a lot for your support.

--Athmaram

Answers (0)