cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

indication error by using dns-alias with changed domain ending

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey folk,

my Portal shall be called by an easy address. So I have set an DNS-Alias like "name.root" which links on the server-address like "crypticservername.sub.domain.root". If I am logging on the portal using "crypticservername.sub.domain.root" everything will be fine. But if I log on the portal using "name.root" I will have several indication errors.

In the bottom of my IE-browser an Warning is shown with the message that there is an invalid argument in http://name.root/irj/portalapps/com.sap.portal.htmlb/jslib/emptyhover.html. The second failure is, that the rows of the content area cannot be seen, because it has a width of near 0 px. So it seems as if some css-information are not loaded. By entering several different host-names in my local hosts document, i have found out that the problem ist caused by the different domain ending in the server address.

Now my question: Has anyone an idea where else I can configure the second hostname - or better called - where I can force the portal to listen to the second domain ending?

What i have already tried?

Systemadministration => Systemconfiguration => KM => CM => Global Services => URL Generator Service => Host "name.root" and Alternative Host "crypticalservername.sub.domain.root"

.... but it doesn't help. I am using NW 7.0

best regards

Janko

Edited by: Janko Mühling on Sep 23, 2008 1:04 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

fqdn including 2 dots

Former Member
0 Kudos

The FQDN has to consist of servername, domainname and rootdomain. So it hast to consist of a minimum of 2 dots in the FQDN e.g.: server.do.main.