Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALE Error Message Handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In ALE:

(1) If it is a error means it has to be send to a particular user---> where we will configure these this thing.

(2) How the user will be intimated for the error in the IDOC, what's the medium he will be intimated whether by

e-mail it can be intimated. what are the other possible mediums?

In ALE STANDALONE METHOD (i.e., i created my own program for sending the IDOC)

(3) If i got error message --> i want to reprocess that IDOC, where i can reprocess.

(4) I what to find where that error has occured, where we can find. Is there any possibility of debugging there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

As far in SAP there is no such report or program for this purpose. You can write a report, which will will read failed idocs from table Edids and through a FM you can send the information as Email to particular user.

Regards,

Naresh.

2 REPLIES 2

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh

On ERP 6.0 you have the standard report RSEIDOCA ( Active IDoc Monitoring as of Release 6.10 ) available. Unfortunately this report does not offer an e-mail notification (see also thread ). Normal procedure is to generate work items.

Reprocessing of failed IDocs is done using transaction BD87.

In order to debug IDoc processing you can use transaction WE19. Please note that in this case a new IDoc (having the same data as the chosen one) is created.

Regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

As far in SAP there is no such report or program for this purpose. You can write a report, which will will read failed idocs from table Edids and through a FM you can send the information as Email to particular user.

Regards,

Naresh.