Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Need help with parameter fields and report selection.

Hi all:

I hope some one can help me with the problem I am having with my parameter field and record selection.

First, can anyone explain to me why my parameter field CustStart, which is dynamic and is based on the field Customer in the table CustMaster. There are over 1800 records in the CustMaster table but the drop down list only shows maybe about half of them and there is no way to scroll down to the last customer record. What am I doing wrong?

Second, is there any way to base a parameter field on a formula field on my report? On my report I have created a field Cust that is the customer name and number joined together in one field. I would very much llike to use this formula in my record selection and in my parameter field. Can it be done?

All help is greatly appreciated

Thanks,

FatMan

Former Member
replied

Darren,

By default LOVs are limited to 1000 values. To change this search for note 1218588, it details how to increase this value.

You can't base a parameter off of a formula within the report but there are 2 options available to you;

1) base the parameter on the customer field and add the customer name as the description field (or vice versa).

2) if you are using enterprise then create the LOV in the Business View Manager, there you can create a formula in the Data Foundation that concatentates the 2 fields and base the LOV on that formula

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question