cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3->XI->ftp file

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I need to test the EDI scenario. First by sending data from ECC system to XI and then to a ftp share as file format(in IDOC) which later can be sent to third party server like GIS (to convert as XML) and send to corresponding third party vendors. What are the basic things to be done in ECC system, XI server as a starting point and also is there any document available to do a test scenario.

Thanks,

Aravind.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Homiar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Aravind,

You will need to do the following in ECC system :

Configure in WEDI (partner profile etc).

Configure in SALE (distribution model).

Configure SM59 (RFC connections)

For development on XI side, look at this weblog :

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

Thx,

Homiar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I saw the blog from your link. In step 1, do i need to create data type for all those one in mandatory ? i am not exactly clear on that part.

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Aravind

I have also worked on the same scenario. If you are not using the XSL mapping program that is being used in this weblog in the later steps, then its not mendatory to have the same fields in the data type....

If you are just testing a scenario..thenyou can create your own data types , which contains all those fields that you want to write in the File and use Graphical mapping program to map your IDOC to that Field....

Hope It solves your Problem....Otherwise do revert Back...

Cheers:-)

Mithlesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for both who replied.Let me do a test scenario with your inputs.One more doubt, do we need to purchase any adapter to send the IDOC data out of XI to Gentran and back from Gentran to XI as IDOC ?

Thanks

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind

You dont need to puchase the IDOC data out of XI to Central...Infact once you have defined your Reciever dtermination for other Configuration Steps...It will take care of that...

Regards

Mithlesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mitlesh. Actually we dont have any data created yet in dev system since it is a new imp, is there anyway i can test the scenario ?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos