Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dought in OSS note implementation..

former_member623843
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I am implementing the OSS note to my R/3. I have downloaded the OSS note. This is not manual. So after downloading what are remaining steps i need to implement.

From past posts I got this information; u2018U can find a doc with title "SAP R/3 Document: Using Transaction SNOTE". It will give u the step-by-step process to apply OSS notes.

But when I open t-code: u201CSNOTEu201D I had to sub trees. One is Inconsistent and second is New. But I didnu2019t find out u201CSAP R/3 Documentu201D from SNOTE.

Please tell me where I need to go and checku2026

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In tcode SNOTE, using download button, download your note. It will be in the new notes block. After that, the system automatically detects if it's a note that can be (or not) implemented in your system. You can see this because, depending on that, the note will have a blue icon with a start, and that means it can be implemented pressing execute button (Ctrl+F1) or a grey one (cannot be implemented).

Regards.

Valter Oliveira.

8 REPLIES 8

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In tcode SNOTE, using download button, download your note. It will be in the new notes block. After that, the system automatically detects if it's a note that can be (or not) implemented in your system. You can see this because, depending on that, the note will have a blue icon with a start, and that means it can be implemented pressing execute button (Ctrl+F1) or a grey one (cannot be implemented).

Regards.

Valter Oliveira.

0 Kudos

Hi Valter

Thanks for u r reply..

If we execute (Ctrl + f1) the automatically what is code available in that corresponding sap note that code will be added to the standard to sap codeu2026?. Then it won't ask access keyu2026

0 Kudos

Hi again.

Yes, it won't ask for a key! It's an automatic repair into the system! After executing, it will appear a pop-up asking if you read the note (say yes if you did But read the note to check is there are manual changes to be made (snote won't do those).

Regards.

Valter Oliveira.

0 Kudos

HI Valter ,

Thank you very much...Every thing is succesfull..

Here when I need to change the processing status to completed..

0 Kudos

I'm glad it worked! The completed status is manually set by you using button "set processing status". I usually do it when it goes to productive system.

Regards.

Valter Oliveira.

0 Kudos

Hi Valter,

Again thanks,

If in case we want to retrive back the oss note.(In case the changes are failure) nothing but old version code we need to replace. then what is procedure to do. please tell me step by step like the prevoius discusion...

0 Kudos

To retrive back is very easy. In tcode SNOTE you have a button called "reset SAP note implementation". The pop-pup with green light should appear again to restore the previous coding. In this case, mark that note as "not relevant" after that (in set proceesing status button).

If your query is solved, please close the thread.

Regards.

Valter Oliveira.

0 Kudos

HI Valter.

Thanks for our help..

I have given 10 points & closed this thread..