Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Company code specific or document specific No Range

Hello.

In our implementation we have 9 company codes,,,, and we have already defined and No range assigned to it.

we have 5 document types , i,e NB, UB, FO, ZFP.ZPP...

and Setup the Release Procedure for PO with respect to Document type, Plant, values.

Now the client wants to make the No range for PO company code specific, How to do it?

If suppose we have any User Exit (ME06B003) available for company code specific how to do it?

If suppose we have done it then what would be the Existing Release procedure.?

will we create New Document types for Company code wise? then how much 9*5=45 documents.... how should we make the release strategy for PO?(client do not want to change the Document type bcz they have release procedure)

Bcz these requirement is came here bcz suppose while doing the MIRO system is asking the Company code in MIRO. so then the user how he come to abt PO is related to this company code... bcz the Hard copy of Invoice is having only PO no...... i,e the reason they are asking us the ...By seeing the PO Number the User should come to know that this PO is releated to this company code?

How to do it ?

Regards

sapman man

Former Member replied

Hi,

You don't need to create PO Document Types.

After implementing the user exit, system will allow you to maintain the PO No. Range as per the Company Code. You have to ask your ABAPer to write code for this using this User Exit. If you are creating 45 PO Document types then what is the use of implementing User Exit?

And this will not hamper your Release Strategy.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question