Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break-Point Does not Trigger while Saving Shipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on a EDI - Interface for Delivery in which I've written my Code in the Exit EXIT_SAPLV56K_002 in which I am populating the Custom Segments for the Delivery DELVRY05.

Now, some of the Fields / Segments are not getting populated though data is present in SAP. So, I've kept a Break Point in my Code to see why the Data is not being Populated in the Segments.

However, when I save the Shipment / Delivery, instead of taking me to the Debugging Mode, it simply saves the Document. But, the IDoc gets generated with Status 26.

Can someone tell me as to why doesn't the debugging mode is turned on eventhough I put a Break Point in my Code? I've checked to see whether the Exit is being processed at all by assigning some dummy values to the Fields / Segment which are missing and it takes those Values shows me in the IDoc in WE02.

Please let me know the reason why Debugging doesn't trigger eventhough I put a Break Point / use a BREAK-POINT Statement / BREAK USERNAME Statement.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

To debug outbound idoc user exits:

Go to shipment-> outputs>Further data

You should select Send with periodically scheduled job (dispatch type1)

After doing this:

Run the report RSNAST00

Give the details(shipment number etc) in the selection screen and execute the report.

Now the program should stop at your breakpoint.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

To debug outbound idoc user exits:

Go to shipment-> outputs>Further data

You should select Send with periodically scheduled job (dispatch type1)

After doing this:

Run the report RSNAST00

Give the details(shipment number etc) in the selection screen and execute the report.

Now the program should stop at your breakpoint.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. As you rightly said, when the Output Type is Processed with RSNAST00, I go to the Debugging Mode correctly.

But out of my curiosity, I would like know as to why doesn't it trigger the Debugger immediately when I save the Transaction and the Output Type is proposed automatically.

Your responses are welcome.

Thanks and Regards,

0 Kudos

I think this is because when you use process immediately the call is made in a BACKGROUND process and hence does not stop at your break point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue resoved by myself.

Thanks for all your response.

Thanks and Regards,