cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procurement using webbased catalogs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

we are using the OCI (Open Catalog Interface) for procurement (me51n, me21n) in an ECC 6.0 which works fine with one default catalog. Now we are looking for an solution for connecting several vendor catalogs with the SAP-system. Our options so far are:

1) Setting up a website where you can select different vendor catalogs.

2) Coding an selection screen which is referring to different vendor catalogs stored in customizing.

3) Using a 3rd party application which is not really an option.

Are there any other alternatives or best is there an SAP-standard for this problem?

Best regards,

Micha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can use EBP for this,

Please find a link reg EBP below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/cf/4813fac6cbba46a6d67e14abdb1480/frameset.htm

hanks,

Anand K

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marcus_mock
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Micha,

There is very little documentation available for an OCI connection to MM. So could you please elaborate how you did set up that connection in the customizing?

All I could find was SPRO - Materials Management - Purchasing - Environment Data - Web Services: ID and Description.

Both PM and PS seem to offer a lot more option for their OCI integration, like assigning different catalog, converting field values etc.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For all ur needs, I feel u hv to go for SRM

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram, hi Anand,

thanks for your advice.

For our needs SRM seems to be too much, we decided to go for the option with setting up an selection homepage. This should not take more than 5 days so its ok with us.

Regards

Micha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micha,

could you please update on the development of the selection screen? And, if possible on the customizing of the mutiple webbased OCI catalogues in ECC 6.0?

thanks!

isabel