cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Books - remove ability to change Time Bucket Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Interactive Planning /SAPAPO/SDP94 and the Header bar turned on, I wish to remove the ability users have to change the time bucket profile of the planning book they are using. Hiding the Period Structure button from users is a possibility - how do I do that? Any other suggestions?

Cheers

Slarty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out this note : 1034853

Regards,

rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all so far.

I have exhausted investigating authorizations and it cannot be done purely by this method. The correction in Note 1034853 is in our system, and the remainder of this note looks very promising, although the restricted list of Time Bucket Profiles would need to be specific to each data view.

Does anyone have experience of implementing the EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLMCPR_015 user exit in Note 1034853? The sensible thing to do is to exclude all Time Bucket Profiles from the the user, so as to force upon them the Future and Past time bucket profiles defined in the data view. Can this be done using this exit?

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Based on my understanding and investigation done last year, there was no authorization object to remove Period Structure settings icon.

However, one thing you can do, and this is completely a side-effect - is to put /SAPAPO/SDP_DATLO with value X in your parameter IDs in User Profile. The side effect (not sure if SAP planned this !) is that no one can roll back dates into past though they can change future horizon related time bucket profile. In most business processes, this should be ok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Slarty,

You need a develepment to do this, this is some info for your developers:When you call the "Period Structure" function in interactive planning, the system carries out an authorization check for the C_APO_FUN authorization object and the S_TIMEB function. If users have the required authorizations, they can select the corresponding available time buckets and define the planning start.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Slarty,

Please check with your basis team/ Security team if any authorization object availabe for that in planning book.

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can request technical team to restrict the rights for editing the planning book transaction /n/SAPAPO/SDP8b for the users that should not edit the planning book.