cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Element Category problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created the cost element 523505 with the cost element category 12.

When I tried to create a Purchase Requisition in transaction ME51N I get the error KI248 "Account 523505 requires an assignment to a CO object"

To solve this issue I tried change the cost element category to 01 and it worked fine.

Does anybody know the impact of change the cost element category???

Tks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

the purpose of this cost element category is this only.

it has a technical control function. and classifies the cost elements according to their usage or origin. and determines whether a cost element can be posted directly otr indirectly.

thanks

Srilaskhmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franci,

First of all cost element categories are used to determine the use of cost element. As the cost element 12 is used for sales deduction/revenue deductions , why did u used it in purchase requisition which is totally wrong.Suppose if you

want to use it also than assign the correct default account assignment to it & don't change the cost element category bcos coneptually it is wrong. The impact of it you will find it in specially in COPA, PCA & product costing it will give you wrong reporting.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

Cost element category is very important. 12 acts like 11 (revenues). That is while posting on these cost elements, the posting to cost centres is only statistical. If you post to cost element with category 1, the posting to cost centres is true (if no additional true cost object defined). Since you need to specify a true controlling object in each posting item, you receive an error for the category 12 (I suppose you are posting to cost centre)...

Regards,

Eli