cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database restore with same SID and different schema owner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have quality system on HP-UX oracle platform which has been upgraded from 4.6C to ECC 5.0

and schema owner for the database is still SAPR3

I have installed new Test system with version ECC 5.0 with same SID and now i need to refresh its database with Data from QAS system ... owner at Test system is SAPC11 which is new installation ECC 5.0 and where SID is C11.

I need to know once i restore data what steps i need to carry out at Test system

i.e like change ENV settings from SAPC11 to SAPR3.

Please note SID is same on both hosts. and owner is different SAPR3 and SAPC11

Regards,

RR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have never done this but there is a way if you take help of your DBA or if you your self can do so.

Restore your Source database on target machine .

During the restore /recovery process of sapinst,It will fail stating that the schema id not found or ora-1017 or OPS$mechanism will fail.

Hold on the installation .Create the table space in target once the database is restored and recovered and fails where you get error as mentioned above.

You already have created a tablespace in target system as psapc11 .

and you have psapsapr3 tablespace after recovery of your database,

Export all object from psapsapr3 and import into psapsapc11.

and assign owner ship to SAPC11 .

Good luck

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I believe if your source system Schema owner is sapr3 and you install you target system with different Schema id SAPC11.

You may end up with problems.My suggestion

You can use sapinst and export the database .In the export process in sapinst,it will give you option to set the new schema owner as SAPC11.

I believe the backup /restore procedure does not help you to change the schema owner.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all ,

Thanks for your views . but i have already installed ECC 5.0 on

target machine with schema owner as default SAPC11 (sid)

Is there any other way out ... instead of doing reinstallation with schema owner SAPR3 / instead of doing Export-Import system copy method which again is as good as reinstallation.

I would like to have your views on following ,

when i will restore database from source to taget

al tables in target machine will be having owner as SAPR3 ( which came from source ) ...but my DB owner at Target machine is SAPC11 ( as far as ENV and all profiles are concerned ) .... cant i use SAPR3 user which got restored with backup of source to target to start my instance at Target machine... may be by changing ENV settings.

I really appreciate and thank you in adavance for sharing your views.

Regards,

RR

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to export/import.

or.. you wait for ORacle 11 to be released for SAP use, you should be able to rename schemas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

If I am not wrong then your system would not be able to come up after restore then in this case as i already faced this issue do one thing just change your dba_ora_schema user in env variable from SAPR3 to SAPC11.

Issue should be resolved.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

There will be no need to restore full backup.

Please read 400241 - Problems with ops$ or sapr3 connect to Oracle.

Regards,

Nikunj Thaker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shivam ,

changing dbs_ora_schema user in env variable from SAPR3 to SAPC11 did the trick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow sapinst homogeneouus system copy(using backup/restore) method. With this method, you don't need to worry about sid, owner or env variables. Everything is taken care by sapinst. You don't need to do any manual changes also.