cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execution of planning sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Forum,

Can some one plz tell me How to execute a planning sequence before the execution of my layout.

Im having a layout and i need to execute my planning sequnce each time before my layout gets executed.

Plz suggest.

regards,

KK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well the the planning functions run totally independent of the layout. You can have different filter selections for the layout and planning functions because the latter runs directly on the cube based on the filter selection.Before the planning function is executed, subsets of data are formed in the buffer based on the filter.

Well if you really want to execute the planning sequence before you open the layout, incorporate it in the process chain and schedule accordingly.

raghu_ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you working on BPS or BI Integrated Planning? This will be different for each.

Please search this forum for similar threads.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mayank,

Im working on BPS.

Regards,

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer thread -

Please search (and also look into SAP Documentation).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want this option in Web based Application or in Planning folder?

If in Planning folder, in the edit part of planning folder, drag and drop the required function on the layout.By doing this the function will be displayed as a sub component of layout.Right click on the function and choose function attributes.You will see options like "execute function before layout display" / " Execute function on layout change".

choose the required option and save it.

This should satisfy your requirement.

If in case of web application please foollow a white paper that explains the process in detail.

Hope this helps.

-Raga