cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item text not populating in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario where in we get the sales order created through a inbound 850 idoc .

The trading partner sends the sales order information which gets through GENTRAN and gets posted as inbound idoc in SAP .

The problem here is that ,there are segments with values for item text in the idoc ,but the item text is not getting carried over to the sales order which is getting created because of this idoc.

There is no problem with the header text and it is present both at the idoc as well as the sales order level.

I have checked the configuration for text determination and everything looks fine .

Please let me know has anyone come across a scenario like this .This is important as our EDI is getting failed when an outbound 810 is sent from SAP for the simple reason that there is no item text .

Thanks

Sridhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can ask the ABAP'er on the incoming IDOC conversion program, which converts the IDOCs into Sales order.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivram,

ABAPER tried it and he is not able to find any clues. This is happening only for a particular customer and not for everyone.

Is there an ythread which speaks about this .

Thanks

Shridhar

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try the following;

1) Try to run the program RVTEXTE in SE38 or SA38. Enter text object as VBBP, and X* as text name.

Then in the function enter the value A and test run.

If you find any values only with X values like XXXXXXXX, then go back and re-execute the program to delete the entry with the selection criteria X in the function. This program is used to delete any unwanted text that is sticking in the text tables. If this does not solve, then

2) You can post this in the ABAP forum to get some fast response from the people who can come across the situation. If found no response,

3) Check the OSS notes, if no information available, then

4) Put a service note to SAP.

Regards

Edited by: Shiva Ram on Sep 11, 2008 10:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivaram,

Thanks . I tried running this program ,but didn't find any unwanted text . Let me give some try and then post in other forums.

Thanks

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Some times system creates duplicates of the text types. Please check in the table level values for text types and look for any duplicates. ( do not ask reason why and how it was created, it may be a system bug)

Delete the unwanted one and check it again.

Hope this will help you

Thanks

Venkat Cheedalla