Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

When (or how) is a job available as a web service?

We've created a web client application which is able to launch a job from web services. So I create a job with Data Services, but I can't tell how I'm supposed to make the job available to the client.

If I call the job right directly after I create it, then I get a message that the job isn't known. But if I open the Management Console and open the Web Services Configuration tab, then I see my new job and I can call it. If I then create a new job in the Designer, I have to simply perform a refresh on the Web Services Configuration tab in order to be able to call the job.

It seems that the simple act of opening the Web Services Configuration tab enables the job, but I kind of think this means that I'm not doing something right. Perhaps I'm missing a call in the client? Can anyone point me in the right direction (like specific section of a specific document)? All I can find is information on how to generate the WDSL, but I don't think I need that.

I'd really like to eliminate any need to do manual steps between creating the job and calling it.

BTW, we changed the generated code to be more generic so that we wouldn't have to generate it every time we wanted to add a job to web services. So instead of calling the hard-coded get<job-name>_GlobalVariables(), we completely re-wrote the serializer and build the global variables string dynamically.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by: Kim Wykoff on Sep 11, 2008 3:52 PM

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question