cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP "no longer responding"

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a user at a client's site whose system keeps on freezing. She gets the message that SAP is No Longer Responding. What could be the cause for this. We just finished changing her computer to a new one which has 3 gigs RAM with a P4 processor and a new NIC. We had a network guy in last week and he did not find anything wrong with the connection between her machine and the server (they are running in a LAN configuration)

Richard.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Richard Pagé,

Please let us know, if the system gets Hang or does the system respond slowly.

Please give some detail Discription of the issue.

Could you also check the Note: 833798.

Regards,

Raghu N

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu,

The computer no longer responds. We wait 10 to 15 minutes and with no other actions being possible on the machine hit ctrl alt del and kill B1.

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

This might be caused by virus or other malware. Check the running process completely to detect anything abnormal.

Any other applications installed differently than others should also be reviewed.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a couple of questions concerning your message Peter. Why would I install the native client when this is a local machine that connects through the network to the SQL server? That an what does the MDAC 2.8 actually accomplish? I am asking because we have set up 5 other computers with identical hardware and software configurations and the other 4 do not have any issues.

I will look into your recommendations and gt back to you, thx for the help.

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard

Any special anti-virus or firewall software installed? Check port blocking, etc. Go to task manager and check while SAP Business One is running what the CPU usage is as well as memory. Should be around 100MB or less. Check that SQL native client is installed and also try installing MDAC 2.8 or higher, .Net framework 2.0 (preferably SP2). Are there any add-ons that have not yet been installed on the client machine?

Let me know if this solves the problem or not.

Kind regards

Peter Juby